The process of ordering anything online and getting it shipped to your doorstep can be a nerve-wracking experience. It may feel even more daunting when you are purchasing any product from a small company from which you never previously ordered anything.
When it comes to getting fresh crab legs shipped, it is important to understand the following steps to ensure that your package gets from your provider to your kitchen table with optimal ease and transparency. To start you off, here’s a price grid to help you figure out how much you’ll need to buy.
Dungeness Crab Prices
|Tanner’s Alaskan Seafood
Choosing a provider
– It is important to feel comfortable with a provider, especially when you order a perishable item. All commercially caught crab legs are cooked and then flash frozen. The process can be done on the boat or once the crab is brought to the docks. Regardless, it is paramount that you never purchase uncooked crab legs. Make sure to view the ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ or a shipping and deliveries page on your provider’s website to understand their business’s policies and practices. Do not be afraid to confirm with the provider that their crab legs are pre-cooked.
Selecting a delivery date
– Certain companies ship on certain days, so it is important to know if the specific days of the week correspond with when you need crab legs shipped to your house. Many companies use FedEx shipping and will explain if additional rates apply, so make sure to read the website’s fine print. Perhaps most importantly, selecting a date can get complicated around the holidays and amidst the coronavirus pandemic. Take into account that although all fresh seafood products are shipped overnight, there may be unavoidable dispatch delays.
Preparing your materials
– Since the crab legs shipped to you are already cooked, preparation is fairly straightforward. However, useful items to keep in your kitchen include a crab leg pot, a crab leg cracker, seafood picks, and perhaps a crab bib. As far as ingredients, melted butter and lemon wedges go a long way in adding some flavor. Old Bay Seasoning can also add a dash of extra flavor.
Finding a recipe
– The advent of Pinterest and all other forms of social blogs means that you never have to worry about not knowing what recipe to try next. Whether you grill, boil, broil, or steam your crab legs, there are different ingredients and dipping sauces that will spice up your meal and make it unique for your dinner guests.
Receiving the shipment
– Once you get your crab legs shipped and they arrive, you should already be prepared for however long you plan to store them. Firstly, do not touch any dry ice with your bare hands as you remove the packaging. If you are eating the crab legs within a day or two, store them in the refrigerator. They will stay chilled, but also begin to thaw. Keep the crab in an open container and line the container with wet newspaper. If you are not eating the crab legs immediately, set your freezer to 0 degrees Fahrenheit or lower and properly wrap them.
- Take note of our Affiliate Relationships that may exist with this page and companies listed on it.