It may sound counterintuitive, but oftentimes and for a lot of people, the best place to find wild salmon for sale is online. Especially if you’re willing to buy 10 lbs of salmon or more, you’ll probably do better to avoid seafood markets and place an order directly from the source. Consider these advantages before your next salmon order.
The Advantages of Wild Salmon for Sale Online
- Direct from Fishermen: It’s easy to think that because you found something online, it maybe can’t be trusted. Nothing could be further from the truth. Unless the fisherman has a stand at the local farmers market, getting wild salmon for sale online may be the only way for local consumers to buy salmon direct from fishermen. Even if you’re not buying direct from the fishermen, online seafood companies usually provide a high level of quality assurance. While most local grocers and seafood markets are diligent and conscientious, there is more opportunity for mislabeling when the seafood is placed on ice in an open display case with removable signs.
- The Freshest Salmon Available: The freshest wild Alaskan salmon available to people who don’t live in Alaska is frozen salmon. Rather than trying to process and overnight fresh salmon, flash-frozen and vacuum-sealed packaging is the industry gold standard. Online orders ensure that your salmon was never thawed and re-frozen before cooking. Salmon fishing vessels often deliver their catch to tender boats within hours of harvesting. When salmon is cleaned, filleted, and processed within a day or so of harvesting, you can lock in most of the fresh, clean-tasting flavor of Alaskan salmon.
- Large Selection of Wild Salmon: Food markets may look like they have an impressive spread with every type of seafood imaginable, but shopping online gives you access to dozens of salmon and seafood companies, each with their own lineup of seafood products. Moreover, while food markets provide a large selection, they do it by sourcing salmon and seafood from multiple providers in different areas of the country. This is fine if you want farm-raised salmon. If, instead, you want a large selection of only sustainable and wild-caught salmon, online is the best place to shop.
- Convenience and Comfort: There’s another reason to look online. The best wild-caught seafood markets tend to be crazy with tightly packed aisles and employees who jump around from customer to customer. Handwritten chalkboards can be hard to read. Tiny placard signs can be hard to see over the customer in front of you. Figuring out what to order for your family this week can be stressful. Even then, ordering mistakes are common. So, when we talk about the comfort and convenience of shopping online for salmon, it’s not just an empty slogan.
- Bulk Discounts: Most local seafood markets don’t have offer discounts for bulk purchases. Fresh seafood has a limited shelf-life. Meanwhile, there’s limited freezer space for frozen seafood. Salmon for sale online turns this calculation on its head. With better shipping rates per pound the more you buy, it’s very common to find bulk discounts that allow you to undercut the prices at your local seafood market, while knowing exactly where your seafood is coming from.
Disadvantages of Buying Salmon Online
As big of fans as we are, we’re willing to admit that there are some disadvantages to salmon for sale online. Or at least one. The big disadvantage is simply the lack of immediate access and gratification. If you’re looking for wild salmon for tonight’s dinner or tomorrow’s lunch, online ordering isn’t going to help. So, you’ll need to plan ahead and do your research. The local seafood market has what it has, but how do you find and choose a seafood company to deliver wild salmon to your front door? That’s why Quality Seafood Delivery is here. Use our cost chart and comparison guide of wild salmon and seafood companies.
Choose Wild Salmon for Sale
Some grocers stick to mostly farm-raised salmon, but you can find wild salmon for sale at many grocers, natural foods, and seafood markets. Buying online ensures you always have a reliable way to source wild, sustainable salmon. You can place a one-time bulk order at a great price or join a monthly subscription club. Choose wild Alaskan salmon from a trusted source, and there’s really no way to go wrong.