Lobster home delivery allows buyers to choose between a variety of lobster products. That said, we know that most people on this page will be most interested in live lobster offerings. We’ll unpack the different lobster offerings you can buy lower down, but for now, here’s a price grid for the 1.5-pound lobster category. If this is all you need, simply click the “buy now” button and start setting up your delivery.
|Company||Min. Order||Price/lb*||Price/4 Lobsters**||Shipping||Go To|
|The Crab Place||2||$59.00||$308.80||$86.95|
|Trenton Bridge Lobster Pound||2||$46.88||$187.50||FREE|
|Winter Harbor Lobster Co-op||2||$67.50||$154.99||FREE|
Options for Lobster Home Delivery
We at Quality Seafood Delivery provide resources for three types of lobster products: live lobster, lobster tails, and lobster meat. Buying each has its own benefits and disadvantages. Below, we’ve outlined the pros and cons of each lobster product, as well as what to consider before ordering lobster home delivery.
- Live Lobster – Live lobster is arguably the most popular lobster home delivery choice. This product is shipped live in a sealed, cooled container, which is designed to ensure the crustacean is still kicking when it reaches your doorstep. However, because this type of delivery includes the shipment of a live animal, you’ll likely pay a little bit more. Plus, when things go wrong with lobster delivery, it usually means that the entire order is lost. But most of the time, these guys ship without issue. Plus, there are things you can do if your lobster is dead on arrival.
- Lobster Tails – Lobster tails are an easy way to enjoy a delicious lobster meal at home without needing to deal with a live animal. These tails are often available in small, medium, large, and extra-large sizes, and they always ship frozen. Lobster tails can be the star of a meal or an elegant side dish.
- Lobster Meat – Lobster meat is the most versatile option of the three. Buying lobster meat by the pound is a lower-cost way to enjoy delicious Maine lobster without the spectacle and time commitment required to ship, receive, and cook a live lobster. Meat is generally less expensive and already prepared, which means it’s ready to be added to soups, quiches, sandwiches, and salads as soon as it arrives.
Lobster Home Delivery is Easier Than You Think
The process of ordering lobster home delivery is simple, regardless of the product you purchase. Most companies design the experience to take place over a 24-hour period, offering overnight shipping. Here’s what to do.
- Choose your provider. Prioritize online retailers who offer the lobster products you want. If you need help on this front, consult our full lobster directory or check out our guide to picking the perfect lobster provider.
- Choose your product. Whether it’s live lobster or lobster tails, pick out your seafood and add it to the cart. Remember that live lobster ship, well, alive, and other types of lobster will ship frozen.
- Schedule the delivery. Most online retailers offer next-day delivery if you order by a certain time. You can also order now and schedule your delivery for later in the week.
- Receive your package. On your delivery day, make sure you are either at home to receive the package or leave a note for your delivery person. When it arrives, unpack the box, unload what you need into the freezer or refrigerator, and you’re good to go!
Take note of our Affiliate Relationships that may exist with this page and companies listed on it.