The best online seafood retailers offer several types of lobster for overnight delivery. Lobster home delivery is the quickest way for you to enjoy fresh lobster. We’ve put together a list of the best companies who offer lobster delivery, and a guide to buying lobster online.
We’ll unpack the different types of lobster you can buy lower down.
Our Top Maine Lobster Delivery Companies
|Category||Company||Most Popular Size||Average $/Lobster Dinner*||Customer Ratings||Go To|
|Highest Customer Ratings||Lobster Anywhere||2 lb.||$335||5.0|
|Best for Sustainability||Crab Place||2 lb.||$280||4.5|
|Best for Lobster Tails||Cameron’s Seafood||12 oz.||$350||4.7|
|Best Variety||Fulton Fish Market||2 lb.||$270||4.6|
|Best for Lobster Meat||Wulf’s Fish||1 lb.||N/A||4.8|
|Most Frequent Discounts||Get Maine Lobster||1.5 lb.||$275||4.9|
|Best Website Experience||Winter Harbor Lobster Co-Op||1.5 lb.||$335||4.6|
|Best for Smaller Lobsters||Sanders Lobster Company||1.5 lb.||$270||4.5|
*Estimated cost for 4 lobsters (or tails), potential add-ons, and shipping.
The 3 Best Companies For Lobster Delivery
These companies offer delivery for delicious lobster products. Still looking for the best fit? Check our database for more options.
Global Seafoods lobster delivery depends entirely on where you live. Specific days are assigned to specific regions. Keep this in mind when ordering. The company sells two different types of lobster: frozen lobster tails and lobster claws.
Lobster Anywhere ships fresh lobster all around the United States. The company’s Trap-to-Table philosophy guarantees customers will receive the freshest types of lobster possible. Check out an entire page dedicated to items that qualify for free shipping. Next-day shipping cut-off time: 12 noon EST.
The Crab Place offers fresh lobster delivery at national, regional, and local levels out of its home base in Maryland. Enjoy discounted weekday shipping to some regions of the United States. Next-day shipping cut-off time: 4:00 p.m. EST.
Choose Between These Live Lobster Products
We provide resources for three types of lobster products: live lobster, lobster tails, and lobster meat. Below, we’ve outlined some pros and cons of each lobster product.
- Live Lobster – Live lobster is arguably the most popular choice. This product is shipped live in a sealed, cooled container to ensure the crustacean is still kicking when it reaches your doorstep. Because this type of delivery includes the shipment of a live animal, you’ll likely pay a little bit more. We offer some guidance for what to do if your lobster is dead on arrival.
- Lobster Tails – Lobster tails are an easy way to enjoy a delicious lobster meal at home without transporting a live animal. These tails are often available in various sizes, and they always ship frozen. Lobster tails can be the star of a meal or an elegant side dish.
- Lobster Meat – Lobster meat is the most versatile option of the three. Buying lobster meat by the pound is a lower-cost way to enjoy delicious Maine lobster without extra effort. It’s a popular addition to soups, quiches, sandwiches, and salads.
Quick 4-step Process For Ordering Lobster
The process of ordering lobster online is simple. Most companies design the experience to take place over a 24-hour period, offering overnight shipping. Here’s what to do.
- Pick your seafood. Figure out which types of lobster you want based on the occasion and how you will prepare the lobster. You will choose from live lobster, lobster tails, and lobster meat.
- Pick your amount. We’ve put together a comprehensive guide to help you figure out which size lobster is best for your order.
- Schedule the delivery. Most online retailers offer next-day delivery if you order by a certain time. You can also order now and schedule your delivery for later in the week, or order in advance.
- Unbox and cook. On your delivery day, make sure you are either at home to receive the package or leave a note for your delivery person. When it arrives, unpack the box, unload what you need into the freezer or refrigerator, and you’re good to go!
Take note of our Affiliate Relationships that may exist with this page and companies listed on it.