If you order Maine lobster online now, it can arrive as soon as tomorrow afternoon. However, we encourage you to take your time with this decision. Not all lobster companies are created equal, and if you’re a first-time buyer, you might not know what to look for. We’ll help you get started.
The lobster companies in the grid below have all been vetted for quality of product and ease of process. If you order Maine lobster from any of them, we can ensure a great customer experience.
Our Top Maine Lobster Delivery Companies
|Category||Company||Most Popular Size||Average $/Lobster Dinner*||Customer Ratings||Go To|
|Highest Customer Ratings||Lobster Anywhere||2 lb.||$335||5.0|
|Best for Sustainability||Crab Place||2 lb.||$280||4.5|
|Best for Lobster Tails||Cameron’s Seafood||12 oz.||$350||4.7|
|Best Variety||Fulton Fish Market||2 lb.||$270||4.6|
|Best for Lobster Meat||Wulf’s Fish||1 lb.||N/A||4.8|
|Most Frequent Discounts||Get Maine Lobster||1.5 lb.||$275||4.9|
|Best Website Experience||Winter Harbor Lobster Co-Op||1.5 lb.||$335||4.6|
|Best for Smaller Lobsters||Sanders Lobster Company||1.5 lb.||$270||4.5|
*Estimated cost of one item in the company’s most popular size.
If you’re interested in different lobster sizes or parts, check out our directory of Maine Lobster Delivery Companies.
Tips for How to Order Maine Lobster Online
Ordering lobster online isn’t difficult, but there is always room for something to go wrong. There are a few things customers can do to mitigate potential mishaps. Here are a few strategies you can use to make sure you get the lobster you want exactly when you want it.
- Be smart about your lobster provider. When you order Maine lobster, half the battle is choosing the right provider. When sitting down to place your order, ask yourself a few questions. How much do you want to order? When do you want to order it by? What other products might you need? The answers to these can provide some guidance if you’re not sure which company to use.
- Figure out how much you want to order. Knowing how much lobster to buy can be tough, especially if you can’t see how large a lobster is before the purchase. Lobsters will typically yield between 20 and 25 percent of their total weight in meat. If lobster is the main course at a meal, a 1.25-1.5-pound crustacean should be sufficient for most diners.
- Order during the right season. Lobster season changes drastically throughout the year, which means prices can fluctuate significantly. Peak season runs from mid-September until mid-November, then again from April through early June. The more plentiful lobster there are, the better the quality and lower the price. If you want a better idea of when to order lobster, sign up for our email newsletter. We’ll let you know when lobster prices are good.
- Understand the shipping process. Companies have shipping down to a science. If you’re not sure how to prepare for your shipment, learn about the shipping and handling process.
- Prepare for your lobster delivery. If you order Maine lobster, you’ll want to cook it almost as soon as it arrives at your doorstep. To make sure you’re prepared, check to make sure you have certain materials available to cook the crustaceans. This includes a pot large enough to cook the lobster, extra ice and refrigerator space, tongs, a cutting board, and lots of butter.
When you order Maine lobster online, it might feel like you’re sending payment into the void. If you try these strategies, however, you can nearly ensure you have a good experience. As always, be sure to have your provider’s customer service phone number at the ready when you open your package.
Take note of our Affiliate Relationships that may exist with this page and companies listed on it.